Community Resources

Community Resources PA 2-1-1

Offers a comprehensive online directory for various social service programs in and around Allegheny County.

    Job Training, Education and Employment

    Imagine Pittsburgh – over 25,000 available jobs in the greater Pittsburgh area and resources for job training and establishing connections in the field of your choice. Visit and click on “work” or “learn.”
    Careerlink – Pennsylvania’s system for workforce development. Offers employment and training opportunities, assistance with child care and vocational testing. Visit or call 412-552-7100.
    Community College of Allegheny County – the school’s Bridge to College and Career Pathways offers GED preparation classes and potential scholarships. Visit and search for Adult Education Alternatives or call 412-237-2525.
    Greater Pittsburgh Literacy Council – GED programs, workplace development, family learning, language proficiency, health literacy programs. Visit or call 412-393-7600.
    Trade Institute of Pittsburgh – trains individuals with and without criminal records to work in trade fields. Call 412-580-4822 to learn more.
    Family, Mental Health, and Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Services
    RehabCenter – directory of all rehab centers in the US and addiction recovery guides, organized by state, with contact information (phone, web and address). Visit and search by state or call 888-270-7204 for help.
    Familylinks – broad spectrum services including outpatient drug and alcohol treatment, mental and behavioral health services, education services, and teen programs. Visit or call 866-583-6003 to learn more.
    Family Resources – supportive services for growing children including abuse prevention, support groups, parent education classes, community based healing centers, outpatient psychotherapy, crisis intervention and family-based mental health services. Visit or call 412-363-1702 to learn more.
    Mon Yough Community Services – drug and alcohol rehabilitation services, help with intellectually and/or developmentally disabled individuals, residential services, service coordinator and vocational services. Visit or call 412-675-8530 to learn more.
    Mercy Behavioral Health – mental health treatment, help with intellectual disabilities, drug and alcohol treatment, crisis center, integrated health care. Visit or call 1-877-637-2924 to learn more.
    Children, Youth and Families (CYF) – the Allegheny County Department of Human Services is committed to child safety and stability. DHS offers family strengthening programs and an early childhood education program, among many others. Visit or call 412-350-5701 for more information.
    Hand in Hand Parenting – support parents with the insights, skills and tools necessary to build the meaningful connections that parents and children need to thrive Visit
    Addiction Center – an informational web guide for those who are struggling with substance use disorders and co-occurring behavioral and mental health disorders.  Referral services provide information about addiction treatment practitioners and facilities. Visit or call for free, 24/7 assistance at 1-877-276-3957.
    Food, Housing and Emergency Shelter
    Tuck Sleep – directory of all emergency shelters in the US, organized by state, with contact information (phone, web and address) as well as all of the services they offer plus a curated compilation of national and online resources for those affected by homelessness looking for help. Visit and search by state for help.
    Hunger Services Network – emergency food assistance, food for early development and assistance registering for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Visit and search for Hunger Services or call 1-866-395-3663.
    Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank – help finding a food pantry or soup kitchen, help registering for SNAP benefits, fresh produce programs, senior food programs. Visit or call 412-460-3663 for more information.
    Just Harvest – can help you register for SNAP benefits and advocates for food and public welfare programs. Visit or call 412-431-8960 to learn more.
    Women, Infants and Children (WIC) – serves income eligible and nutritionally at-risk pregnant women and their children up to the age of five. Offers nutrition counseling, support, and food vouchers for nutritious foods. Visit or call 412-350-7240 to learn more.
    Womanspace East – an emergency shelter for women and children. Call 412-765-2661 for help.
    Center for Victims – a temporary shelter for female victims of violent crime. Call 412-482-3240 for help.
    Women’s Center and Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh – a domestic violence shelter. Call 412-687-8005 for help.
    East End Cooperative Ministries – transitional housing for men. Call 412-345-7148 for help.
    Action Housing – provides safe, affordable housing when grants are available. Call 412-281-2102 to learn more.
    Allegheny County Housing Authority – provides voucher program for affordable housing units throughout the County. Call 412-355-8940 to learn more.
    Infant and Maternity Support
    Welcome Little Ones – pregnancy support and family planning assistance. Call 412-391-6862 for help.
    Community Mother’s Help Chest – assistance for new mothers. Call 412-271-1607 to learn more.
    Genesis of Pittsburgh – offers counseling, maternity facility, pregnancy testing, maternity and infant clothing, educational classes, baby equipment and supplies. Visit or call 412-766-2693 to learn more.
    Catholic Charities’ Roselia Program – support and assistance for possibly pregnant and pregnant women, and those who are parenting an infant to age one. Also has programs for the biological fathers. Call 412-456-6999 or visit
    Central Pittsburgh Pregnancy Care Center – used baby furniture, maternity and infant clothing, support. Call 412-687-7767 to learn more.
    Financial, Legal and Utility
    Dollar Energy Fund – assists utility customers with a grant up to $500 that is directly applied to your overdue utility bill. Participants must meet income and payment eligibility guidelines. To find an agency screening for Dollar Energy, visit: or call your local gas company to see if they participate in the program and how to apply.
    Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) – a federal program that assists income-eligible families with their heating and energy costs. Pennsylvania also participates in home weatherization. Contact the LIHEAP assistance line for Allegheny County by calling 412-562-0330.
    Catholic Charities – offers budgeting, financial literacy and planning, employment services, disaster relief, utility assistance, and more. Call 412-456-6999 or visit
    University of Pittsburgh Law School Clinics – current law students at the University of Pittsburgh gain practice by offering supervised free assistance to income-eligible families needing legal help. Call 412-648-1300 to learn more.