What is Amachi Ambassadors?
Amachi Ambassadors is a specialized youth organizing, advocacy, and leadership development program for high school students impacted by parental incarceration, which:
- Equips students to become civically engaged and champion education reform and system change
- Amplifies youth voices
- Enriches the educational experience of students
The objectives are for students themselves to lead efforts to:
- Raise awareness, concern, and responsive actions in schools and the community around children and families with incarcerated loved ones;
- Dispel debilitating stigmas and prejudices related to familial incarceration; and
- Improve institutions that directly affect their lives
Interested in Getting Involved?
Workshops and Events
Workshops are referred to as Ambassador Saturdays, which are an ongoing series of workshops and activities on leadership development, youth organizing, education reform, community engagement and much more. These activities take place at the Amachi Pittsburgh office located at 1830 Forbes Ave., 2nd Floor, on the 1ST and 3RD Saturday of each month from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Special events and other activities are scheduled on a case-by-case basis and may take place on weekday evenings and/or weekends.