At Amachi Pittsburgh, we understand that young people have the inborn capacity to cope with challenges they face, to create opportunities for themselves, and to improve and transform their communities. Amachi Ambassadors engage, educate and empower young people to raise awareness and education about the impact of parental incarceration on children, families, and communities. Our Ambassadors strive to improve services and shift policies and systems that affect their lives.
Why Become an Ambassador?
Page under construction - please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- 14-18 years old or 9th -12th grade (Ambassadors become ineligible after high school graduation or 19th birthday)
- Resides in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania
- Demonstrates a desire to participate in the program and a willingness to abide by all Amachi Pittsburgh policies and procedures
- Able to obtain parent/guardian permission
- Willing to attending and participate in ongoing Ambassador events and activities
- Willing to communicate regularly with program staff